Pedal Power

Yesterday, I gave a presentation at Udai study group on Pedal Power. I tried to find the various designs, their specs, economic opportunities they can create in rural / off grid areas. Though I barely touched the top of the iceberg, I was dazzled by the scope & diversity of Pedal power. People have been running wireless networks and VOIP telephony in Ugandan villages using pedal power! Here are notes I made for the same.

After I posted this entry, I was contacted by Nick from off-grid net, a superb online magazine supporting alternative sustainable lifestyles. Read this story from Ladena, to see how wise economic & technological choices can lead to a 'thriving' life in the middle of nowhere, and can solve financial crisis. Click on the link below to visit this wonderful site.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YES+ !!!

Custom torture :-)

Truth about Gujrat Riots : Tehelka